A look at the grade 2 lessons
Grade 2 Science (NSO): Human Body
Human beings: Parts of the body
Human beings : Sense organs
Our body is made up of different organs and organ systems. There are in all 12 systems in our body
Before starting lets take a look at the Grade 1 lessons
Human beings: Good habits
Safety: Safety rules
Safety: Traffic rules
Safety: Activities and worksheets
Safety rules at home :
- Do not play with match sticks, scissors, switches, plugs , fire, knives etc
- Keep things in proper places afetr using them
- Immediately inform an adult if you get hurt
Safety rules on the road
Housing and clothing
A quick look at the Grade 1 lessons
Human Beings:Different rooms in the house
Human Beings : Clothes we wear
A house is a place where we feel safe. It protects us from the sun, rain, wind, wild animals and thieves.
Types of houses
- These houses cannot be shifted from one place to another
- People build these houses according to their needs.
- Huts are made of mud, straw, wood , bamboo and clay and are not very strong (also called kucha house in india)
- Flats and bungalows are made of bricks , cement, steel and concrete(mixture of cement, sand,small stones and water). These are very strong. (also called pucca house in india)
- Houses that can be moved easily from one place to another.
- These are also called portable houses.
- They are easy to make and cheap
- Tent : Made of nylon or canvas.
- Used by soldiers and campers.
- Houseboat : House made on boats that float on water bodies.
- Caravan : A house on wheels is called a caravan
Food that we eat
Before starting lets take a look at the Grade 1 lesson
Human beings :Healthy foods
Food from plants :
Listing some commonly used adjectives.
Adjectives of color :
Adjectives of Feelings:
Lets brush up on the basics first. The class 1 lessons will give a brief overview of the plant life.
Plants:Parts of a plant
Plants : Uses of different plants
Plants – Parts we eat
Plant – Types of plants
Plants activities and worksheets
Type of plants
Let’s learn about the type of plants in more detail
Big and strong.
Have large woody stem called Trunk which divides into many branches.
A look at the syllabus for NSO for class 2. I have tried designing the lessons based on the previous year question papers.
Section 1 : Mental Ability/Logical reasoning
Section 2 : Science
Chapter 1 : Plants
-> Types of plant
-> Parts of a plant and their functions
-> Food and other things we get from plants
Sample papers for class 1 IMO
Tips and Tricks
1.Hunt for the common English prefixes and suffixes – sets of letters that commonly occur at the beginning or end of a word.
Common Prefix – ‘a’,’de’,’di’,’per’,’un’,’in’,’up’ etc
Common Suffix – ‘ s’,’en’,’ed’,’ing etc
2. Once you identify a potential suffix you can make with your letters, remove those letters from the pile and see what you can construct with the remaining letters. Eliminating even a few of the letters by grouping them into a prefix or suffix makes it a lot easier to unscramble the word by reducing the number of possible solutions.